The city’s Solid Waste Department provides the community with safe, timely, cost-effective and environmentally conscious solid waste collection and disposal. In FY2021, the department:
- Maintained solid waste rates at $13.50/month for all residents.
- Constructed and opened a new drive-through Used Tire Recycling Program at the Public Works Municipal Service Center.
- Updated the solid waste ordinance.
- Maintained service levels throughout the COVID-19 pandemic and snow events.
- Enhanced the Downtown area by performing weekly cleanups, including actively collecting litter, maintaining dumpster enclosures and sweeping sidewalks and streets.