Bryan’s Risk Management Department manages the casualty and property insurance programs and the employee benefit programs for the city. In FY2021, the department:
- Obtained vaccine availability for Police Department with CHI St. Joseph’s Group 1B distribution and assisted employees/retirees in finding and scheduling available COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Enhanced services through the Employee Health Center with telehealth option and additional immunization offerings.
- Prepared claims submission and received appropriate payment for three large property losses (one winter storm and two hail storms).
- Observed COVID-19 precautions by conducting online targeted health and safety programs to employees to reduce injuries and illnesses.
- Maintained the financial integrity of the Self-Insurance Fund with net workers’ compensation and liability claim costs below the actuarial projections.