VIEW OTHER DEPARTMENTS
Bryan’s Human Resources Department supports the city’s efforts to attract, develop and retain a diverse, well-qualified and productive workforce that is capable of providing quality services to the residents of Bryan. In FY2021, the Human Resources Department:
- Developed a New Employee Orientation online program that includes a series of courses and videos with City of Bryan personnel from HR, Risk and Executive Services.
- Implemented 30-60-90 Day assimilation reviews for new hires to track progress, engagement and assimilation to their jobs, supervisors and departments.
- Created an annual supervisory/management “Spotlight” series to offer monthly training and talks on current hot topics from HR, Risk, Finance, IT City Secretary, etc.
- Further enhanced the Learning Management System to include the following features: Learner Home, Reporting 2.0, and on-the-job training checklists.
- In conjunction with TAMU, a diversity e-course was created, and a “pilot” diversity survey was completed to further participation in diversity-themed training, creation of programs, awareness, etc.
- Implemented a timekeeping system (KRONOS) for the first time for BTU, working with a team of Finance, IT and Human Resources; included timekeeping policy and best practice updates, allowed for closer compliance to labor laws, and updated departmental procedures and oversight.
- During and in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, successfully implemented spur-of-the-moment policies and practices to provide avenues for exposure reports, self-monitoring forms, quarantine requirements, contact investigations and teleworking agreements. Ongoing response to COVID to included following CDC guidelines, governor executive orders, new Texas laws for police and fire, etc.