VIEW OTHER DEPARTMENTS
Bryan’s Animal Services Department and the Bryan Animal Center provide animal control and temporary housing for animals in need through enforcement, public education and low-cost spay-neuter programs – all with the goal of reducing the number of homeless animals in the area. In FY2021, the department:
- Successfully sterilized all pets adopted from the Animal Center through a partnership with Aggieland Humane Society’s Mobile Spay/Neuter Clinic.
- Gave away more than 150 free sterilization vouchers to Bryan residents.
- Adopted more than 320 animals to new homes.
- Sent more than 125 animals to rescue partners throughout Texas and the United States.
- Returned more than 887 animals to their owners (65% of found pets) in the field.
- Maintained productive partnerships with Texas A&M Anniversary and Blinn College Veterinary Programs.
- Hosted three Free Microchip and Rabies Vaccination Events throughout the city, distributing 200 free microchips, 209 free rabies vaccinations and 80 Brazos County Tags.