Destination Bryan and the City of Bryan invite you to celebrate the City of Bryan’s 150th anniversary this year with the official Bryan, Texas History Tour. This self-guided tour will lead you on a journey through time as you take a look into the legends of our past at more than 20 historical sites and landmarks throughout the city. Check in to all the stops by December 31, 2021 to receive a Bryan-themed prize pack including a t-shirt, magnet, and stickers.
Sign up today for this free, mobile friendly pass and start your historical journey through Bryan. This History Tour is one of the many activities you can participate in to celebrate Bryan’s 150th Anniversary. 2021 marks the 150th anniversary of the City of Bryan’s official incorporation on Nov. 29, 1871. That’s 150 years of history to celebrate the stories of how Bryan has grown – through the people, places and things that shaped the community. Celebration activities and events include:
- A media-rich website featuring photos, videos and stories from members of the community.
- Historical displays at Clara B. Mounce Library and the Carnegie History Center.
- The Bryan, Texas History Tour
- A production of “Heart of the Valley,” a musical written by the late Randy Wilson detailing Bryan’s history – in partnership with The Theatre Company and the Bryan ISD Fine Arts program.
- Burying a time capsule at City Hall
- Free concert in Downtown Bryan on Nov. 12
- A free Community Thanksgiving Celebration on Nov. 13 at Bryan High School, featuring entertainment by Bryan ISD choirs and bands.
For more information about the 150th celebration please visit 150.bryantx.gov.